Public Works Partners is a planning and consulting firm in NYC guided by its mission to serve public sector and nonprofit clients. We organize our work into two areas – Organizational Health and Community Health – and work with civic leaders including government agencies, nonprofits, real estate developers, urban planners, architects, and engineering firms.
We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefit package. Work in an exciting culture with an innovative team at a mission-driven organization. Our most successful candidates will:
- Thrive when given the space to bring a nimble, creative approach to solving the thorniest problems;
- Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small; and
- Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Public Works Partners seeks a visual storyteller interested in applying their graphic communications and crisp writing skills to build better neighborhoods. As our firm grows, we are building a team dedicated to promoting our services and showcasing our successes in helping organizations enhance performance and drive impact for their constituents. The Marketing Coordinator will play a pivotal role in supporting our marketing and business development activities to attract clients and partners. This position requires superb and versatile communication skills, comfort in conducting market research and analysis, and the ability to track and report the progress of activities. Ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adept at both directing their own work and working in teams.
The Marketing Coordinator/Graduate Intern will work on specific projects with varying timeframes this summer and into the fall, pending performance. This is a part-time internship in the fall and winter, and full-time in the summer if extended.
- Design and produce graphic art and visual materials for print and digital media to promote our firm’s services and build a pipeline of incoming clients
- Create and execute design solutions and collaterals for marketing, advertising sales, internal and external communications, and client deliverables
- Track, document, and follow up on the cultivation of prospective clients using our CRM system
- Synthesize results from past client engagements into succinct success stories, highlighting the outcome, approach, and problem-solving on behalf of the client
- Support the maintenance of the firm’s website and social media presence; conceptualize and write blog posts on both our project work and policy issues in NYC; draft our monthly newsletter; run analytics reports to evaluate the success of content strategy
- Support Public Works’ events strategy and speaking engagements by researching partners in attendance, preparing talking points, drafting brochure content, and developing presentations to showcase our experience and expertise
- Plan, schedule, and implement logistics for meetings and small-scale events
- Project manage all aspects of proposal development and content generation
- Other tasks and opportunities that will arise and fit with intern’s interests and skills
- Enrolled in marketing or communications program or similar areas of study
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and content marketing; familiarity with digital marketing strategies is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google suites, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Canva. Familiarity with CRM software a plus
- Graphic design sensibilities will be highly valued
- Excellent communication skills: crisp, compelling writing; visual display of information; and excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong interest in working with New York City nonprofits or government agencies
- An eye for details—everything from using proper grammar to seeing new business opportunities
This position is based at Public Works Partners’ office in New York City; the team has a hybrid work schedule. Travel within New York City may be required. Salary: $22/hour.
Public Works Partners observes COVID-19 protocols at the workplace and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated including a booster. Proof of vaccination is required for employment.
To Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and a visual work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate that you are applying for the Business Development Marketing Coordinator position in the subject line.
This job description is for an at-will position which is non-exempt under the FLSA. Public Works Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence status, sex offense of stalking victim status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.